Saturday, March 29, 2014

Day 9 and 10.

Adam and Eve style early exist.


On day 9, my period arrived. And after my previous incident in which I felt really dizzy to the point of not being able to lift my head, I decided to terminate my cleanse. I was not going to take any chances with my menses.

Funny, I broke my fast with an apple. Sinful yes? :)

Anyway, I kept my foods raw, small and simple. I drank plenty of hot water with lemon throughout the day. No vitamins, coffee, dairy or grains. However, on day 10, I decided it was okay to have a little caffeine in the form of guayusa tea, plus a package of instant oatmeal and a small vanilla yogurt to increase my calories. I felt fine. The only digestive problem was that I got a little constipated for a few days after that. But that was it. I already expected this as I did not properly eased out. I fixed my irregularity by taking a laxative tea every morning for a couple of days before my breakfast until everything moved smoothly again.

Other negative side effects apart from my constipation, were nausea and depression. Not sure if my depression was due to my period or if it was because I felt guilty for breaking my fast so close to the end. I'm fine now. But I had a week of mourning over anything, really. As for my nausea, again, I am not sure what the cause were, but I had it lingering for a few days. Again, I am fine now.

On the contrary, I realized that my heartburn symptoms have decreased. Now I can sleep on my right side. I also lost a few pounds, especially on my thighs and waist. And it was there where I wanted to loose a little weight so I am happy. 

The Master Cleanse was something I wanted to challenge my mind more than my body, to be honest. After all the anxiety I had, I'm happy to have done it almost entirely. I felt good. I had more energy. My skin glowed. I slept well with deep dreams. I woke up refreshed. My libido was quite high. Just like my emotions.A small incident I must mention is how excited I was watching the fight scenes of a movie. I jumped, I shouted with passion to every killing move. I had butterflies in my stomach until the end. Now that's something rare coming from a passive woman. :)
 It's amazing how a body can adapt, find joy and get on with whatever you aliment them with. I probably won't do it again. At least not for so many days. Maybe I'll try a juice cleanse next. We'll see.

I encourage everyone to try it. Forget about your anxiety of not eating, passing out, etc. You'll be fine. You'll have enough energy. And you will feel a happiness that probably will not feel any other way.




Accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment